Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Table Tents

by Steve V. and Scott F. Guinn

I have used table tents effectively for over a decade.

Every restaurant I've ever worked has LOVED this, and
they have the staff put the tents out ahead of time.

I have a line at the bottom in small print stating
that the show is compliments of the management and
that tipping is not required.

There are an awful lot of "cutting edge" technicians
who wouldn't make it one night in a paying restaurant
gig. I've seen it--plenty of times.

I'm not sure I even understand the argument here

I was Chief of Staff here for quite a while

It all boils down to this, in my opinion

. Balls are FUN!

. Balls are FUN!

We often take ourselves WAY too seriously

. Balls are FUN!

My point is simply that sometimes we overkill the
whole meaning/justification thing

The good news is that if you are truly dedicated, the
work is a labor of love and a true joy.

Balls are FUN!

I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong.

Just that not everyone has to do it that way.

Maybe it's OK if magic with balls is just FUN!